Day 1: Puerto Varas - Seakayak practice
At 11:00 AM we will meet in Puerto Varas. This is a small pleasant
city 20 km north of Puerto Montt, situated along the shores of Llanquihue
Lake and in front of Osorno volcano. Here you will get to know the
other members of the group and we will talk about the activities
of the days to come. Lunch (optional). In the afternoon, we will
have a safety talk , kayak paddling and rescue techniques in Llanquihue
Lake. Evening free to enjoy this beautiful town and it´s landscapes..
Day 2: Puerto Varas - Chiloe Island - Senda Darwin - Aucar -Tenaun
Pick up at your hotel in Puerto Varas and after one hour we will navigate by ferry the Chacao
Channel that separates de continent from our destination... the Island of Chiloe.
Within the island exists a central valley habitually in all of
the national territory which sinks, giving rise to an interior sea,
the coastal cordillera is fragmented into multiple islands and the
Andean mountains give clarity to the oceans limits. Chiloe was occupied
by the Spanish conquerors until 1853. During these three centuries
of isolation they developed a unique culture, product of the Mapuche-Hispanic
crossbreeding and affected by the sea. The culture has been maintained
with testimonies that will surprise the traveler.
After we arrive in the Island we will drive , by a seaside road, along the inner sea visiting the island of Aucar and its long wooden footbridge.
We will finally arrive to the fishermen cove of Tenaun village. This afternoon
we will visit the World Heritage three towers church of Tenaun , which
is also considered a National Monument, a beautiful
walk along the coast , visiting the village.
Day 3: Tenaun - Mechuque Island
After a tasty breakfast and a recuperating rest we will load the
kayaks onto a small Chiloe fishermen boat to head towards our destination for the
next few days... The Group of Chauques Islands.
These are made up of a group of the most beautiful islands of the
Chiloe archipelago due to their special configuration. They are sets
of hills interconnected by extensions of sand, which are
separated into islands when the tide rises. This is a place of
diversity with hills, farms and forests. This intricate and
beautiful set of islands with it's churches and protected waters,
home to a variety of birds and beautiful flora, will be our
relaxed scenery for the next few days.
When we land at the Mechuque Island, we will take a tour through
the small town, which represents the Architecture unique to Chiloe,
with constructions of wooden larch trees(alerce) and palafitte. Later we
will take a hike to appreciate from above, the channels through
which we will paddle the following day. On the return, we will paddle
our kayaks through this intricate sea of islands.
Stay the night
camping along the sea shore. (B-L-D)
4 : Chauques Islands
We will continue our journey early in the morning. Goodbye dinner and stay at chilote house or camping
, depending on availability. (B-L-D)
Day5: Mechuque - Dalcahue - Puerto
Breakfast, lots of stories and preparation for the return
to the big Island using a chilote boat. We will visit part of the
picturesque town of Dalcahue, it's church, the port with it's picturesque
boats, and the handcrafts of it´s market . Lunch (optional) and return to Puerto Varas. End of trip
- Swimming expertise.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity to be
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem
- Positive attitude in front of unexpected situations. You'll
find your trip even more enjoyable if you remember to bring flexibility
and a sense of humor with you.
- Understand that this kind of trips requieres team work meanaing
the participation of each person at each stage .
- Understand that all activities performed in nature can indicate
- The program could be modified at any stage due to weather conditions
or sudden incidents that could affect the security of the group
- Before trip starts you must send us signed the Release of Liability Form. and the Reservation and Medical
Forms that appears after you press the Reservation Button.
- To have read and have a clear understanding of the Terms and Conditions section.
- SMALL GROUPS, maximum of 6 (safety and respect for the environment
and the local colonos)
- Authentic interaction with the local people we meet in the area.
- Safety talk and practice of paddling and rescue techniques before
the trip (Day 1)
- Camping and probably lodging in local chilote house (according to availability)
- Transportation in our van from Puerto Varas to the point where
we initiate our adventure and return to Puerto Varas.
- Ferry Tickets to cross the Chacao Channel
- Local Chilote boat (round trip crossing from Chiloe Island to
Mechuque Island )
- Food during the paddling according to program
B: Breakfast / L: lunch (box lunch or trail food) / D: dinner
- Complete Paddling Equipment : expedition sea kayaks imported
from the USA and Germany, with original rudder, spray skirt,
paddles, life jackets, paddling jackets
- Kayak Equipment ( seakayak with rudder (made in Germany and Canada), spayskirt, lifejacket, paddle jacket, paddles, paddle float and pump)
- Camping and cooking equipment (2 person shared tents, tarp)
- Safety Equipment: Satellite Telephone, VHF Marine Radio, towing
equipment, tide tables, Satellite photographs, etc.
- Guide: certified as BCU 4 STAR Seakayak Award, ACA SeakayakInstructor Level 4 , English speaking
guide with NOLS trainning, first aid and rescue knowledge (Wilderness
First Responder Course).
must state that the success of this type of trips is subject to
unexpected weather and personal situations, so an adventurous spirit
and good disposition will be fundamental.
- The trip has been planned with the consideration of those
without previous experience. Before we begin our trip we will have a complete safety-talk about rescue techniques
and paddling maneuvers so that our participants feel more
comfortable during the trip and can really enjoy the beautiful
views . To improve the enjoyment
of our customers, we use both double and single kayaks.
Our kayaks are expedition models from USA , Germany and
Canada , very comfortable and stable.
- Please consider that you have chosen Patagonia , a place
where the weather is unpredicatble, so we can have sun
but also rainny days , very relaxing days but also windy
- Hospitals and Professional First Aid Care are very far
from the place where we will be navigating.
*Evacuations can be very slowly and participantes must
be healthy and in good physical conditions
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email.