Program Sea kayaking Todos Los Santos Lake:
At 9 AM we will meet at your hotel in Puerto Varas and start driving
to the east , in the southern shore of Llanquihue Lake, the second
biggest in Chile . This is a very scenic trip with spectacular views
of Osorno volcanoe (2652m) right in front Llanquihue lake, and to
the south , Calbuco volcanoe (2100m).
After passing Ensenada town we will be entering Vicente Perez Rosales
National Park , the oldest in Chile . The history says that this
lake was discovered by the Jesuist in 1670 the Day of All The Saints
and meaning in spanish " Todos los Santos " .
Before we start , our guide will offer the group a complete safety
talk about our float plan and then a general practice of strokes
After all this we will load our kayaks with all the gear we need for our selfsufficient seakayak trip.
will start were Petrohué river born , paddling in the emerald waters of Todos Los Santos Lake , located at the foot of the tremendous size Osorno volcanoe and as we paddle great views of Puntiagudo and Tronador mount , in the border with Argentina.
The idea is to be close to the coast so we can
pay attention to every detail , like the huge trees that grows close
to the water , or to try to see or catch the sound of the birds
or see any animal, like probably the pudu (the smallest deer in
the world), a fox , or a waterfall, or....
In the afternoon , swim,
snorkelling in submerged forest , rest , go for a short trek exploring between the forest and finally campsite enjoying the
view of the Andes in front of us and the southern cross.
Day 2: Early breakfast and start paddling to Santa Margarita Island (weather permitting).
Stop for a lunchbox , relax, enjoy the sound of the chucao bird (chucao
tapaculo) and keep paddling facing the enormous Osorno volcanoe until Petrohue , load our gear in the van and drive to visit los Saltos de
Petrohue , impressive waterfalls amidst volcanic rock formations. Return to
Puerto Varas (afternoon).
- Transportation in private vehicle from your Hotel in Puerto
Varas to Petrohué and back to Puerto Varas.
- Visit Saltos de Petrohue (Petrohue Waterfalls) / entrance ticket not included.
- Seakayak equipment:
Double seakayak with original rudder, seakayak paddles , lifejacket
, sprayskirt and paddling jacket
- Complete Safety Talk ...before the trips starts.
- All the food according to the following detail: Day 1: Box-Lunch, Dinner / Day 2: Breakfast
, Boxlunch .
- English speaking seakayak guide , certified by the British
Canoe Union of England as a BCU 4STAR Seakayak Award with NOLS
Trainning and certied as a Wilderness First Responder.
- Satelite telephone, VHF marine radio , celular telephone,
chart , satelite photo.
- Snorkelling equipment (diving mask).
* It´s not a proper diving activity (like scuba diving) , it´s just enjoying getting underwater with a mask
- Limited insurance while seakayaking (chilean company)
* Ask for your recommended Gear List.
||Check YAK EXPEDICIONES Facebok - Photos
click here 1
click here 2
click here 3
and suitable for everyone with adventurous spirit inlcuding
* 1 Day
* 3 Days
* 4 Days, including trekking till Termas del Callao Hotsprings.
* 6 till 7days
| Details of the trip
||Starts and Ends in Puerto
| Numeber of participants
*Scenic driving from Puerto Varas to Ensenada enjoying beautiful
views of Osorno and Calbuco Volcanoe. Once the trips starts...
magnifiscent views of the other side of the tremendous size
and proximity of ice-capped Volcano Osorno and 2 more volcanoes
, the Puntiagudo and Calbuco plus Tronador Mount located in
the border with Argentina..but mainly the emerald waters of
the Todos Los Santos lake surrounded by huge virgin rainforest...
- Ringed kingfisher, neoptropic cormoran, variety of ducks, chucao tapaculo, cinclodes, chimango
caracara, southern crested caracara, ringed kingfisher, fox
* Saltos de Petrohué (Petrohue Waterfalls)
*Scenic driving close to the southern shore of Lanquihue
*complete sea kayak safety talk including sea kayak rescue
simulation before paddling.
*snorkelling submerged forests.
* soft trek
* Visit Saltos de Petrohue, waterfalls amidst
volcanic rock formations
in the area
Seakayak trips in the area:
* Northern Patagonia Fjords of Pumalin Park (4,6 days)
* Todos los Santos Lake (1-3 days)
* Reloncavi Fjord (1-3 days)
* Chiloe: Churches and Nature : (Penguins and kayaking wetlands of Chepu River)
* 2 Days Cochamo: Seakayak Reloncavi Fjord and Horseriding Cochamo Valley
|How To Get
Private vehicle from YAK EXPEDICIONES