At 9:00 AM we will start driving from Puerto Varas to Petrohué
entering Vicente Perez Rosales Nationa Park , the first one in Chile and the second in South America
Inmediately after leaving the city we will enjoy a scenic driving
with beautiful views of Osorno Volcanoe right in front Llanquihue
lake, the second biggest in Chile. After passing Ensenada town we
will be entering this park , the second national park in south america
. First the guide will offer the group a complete safety talk ,
a genreal practice in the lake and then we are ready to start exploring
always close to the coast...
We will start paddling were Petrohué rivers born in the emerald
waters of Todos Los Santos Lake located at the foot of the tremendous
size Osorno volcanoe (2652m) with also great views of Puntiagudo
and Calbuco volcanoes. This lake was discovered by the Jesuist in
1670 the Day of All The Saints and because of that is it´s
After some hours of paddling we will stop in a place to relax and
start snorkelling with magnifiscent views of huge submerged trees
in the bottom of the lake ( It´s not a proper diving activity (like scuba diving) , it´s just enjoying getting underwater with a mask.)
Then enjoy our box-lunch with great views of this magic mountains
, sounds of the chucao bird (chucao tapaculo), go for a hike exploring the rainforest and then prepare to return to our put in in Petrohué
, load the kayaks in the van and start a short walk to visit the
famous Saltos del Petrohué (Petrohue Waterfalls carved in
lava rocks) returning to Puerto Varas aprox. 5 PM.
- Transportation in private vehicle from your Hotel in Puerto
Varas to Petrohué and back to Puerto Varas.
- Visit Saltos de Petrohué (Petrohué
Waterfalls) (entrance ticket not inluded)
- Seakayak equipment:
Double seakayak with original rudder, seakayak paddles , lifejacket
, sprayskirt and paddling jacket
- Complete Safety Talk ...before the trips starts.
- Box-Lunch(sandwich, fruit ,juice).
- English speaking seakayak guide , certified by the British Canoe
Union as a BCU 4STAR Seakayak Award with NOLS Trainning.
- VHF marine radio , celular tand sateplite phone , elephone, satelite photo.
- Snorkelling equipment (diving mask).
It´s not a proper diving activity (like scuba diving) , it´s just enjoying getting underwater with a mask.
- Limited insurance once the seakayak trip starts with Interamericana
Insurance Company (chilean company)
* Ask for your recommended gear list.
|P H O T O S
click here 1
click here 2
for everyone with adventurous spirit inlcuding beginners
3 days , paddling , camping till Peulla).
* 5 Days (including also hiking,camping Termas del Callao Hotsprings).
* 6 till 7days
More 1 Day trips:
*Foothills of Osorno Volcanoe
*Reloncavi Fjord (1-3 days).
| Details of the trip
||Starts and Ends in Puerto
| Numeber of participants
scenic driving from Puerto Varas to Ensenada enjoying beautiful
views of Osorno and Calbuco Volcanoes. Once the trips starts...
magnifiscent views of the other side of the tremendous size
and proximity of ice-capped Osorno volcanoe and 2 more volcanoes
, the Puntiagudo and Calbuco plus Tronador Mount located in
the border with Argentina...but mainly the emerald waters of
the Todos Los Santos Lake surrounded by huge dense rainforest
*Visit Petrohué Waterfalls (Saltos de Petrohué)
-Scenic driving close to the southern shore of Lanquihue
-complete seakayak safety talk including seakayak rescue simulation
-Snorkelling submerged forests.
-hike exploring the rainforest.
-visit Saltos de Petrohué (Petrohue Waterfalls) /ticket not inluded.
in the area
Seakayak trips in the area:
* Northern Patagonia Fjords of Pumalin Park (4,6 days)
* Todos los Santos Lake (1-3 days)
* Reloncavi Fjord (1-3 days)
* Chiloe: Churches and Nature : (Penguins and kayaking wetlands of Chepu River)
* 2 Days Cochamo: Seakayak Reloncavi Fjord and Horseriding Cochamo Valley
|How To Get
Private vehicle from YAK EXPEDICIONES