At 9 AM we will start driving from Puerto Varas to Ensenda enjoying
some beautilful views of Osorno Volcanoe, right north of LLanquihue
lake, the second biggest of Chile.
Then we will continue to Ralún , our starting point, where
the clear waters of Petrohue river meets the salt water of the Pacific
Ocean at the Reloncavi Fjord , the first fjord of Patagonia.
After receiving a complete safety talk and practising some paddling
strokes we will start our navigation with wonderful views of Yates
volcanoe, green hillsides , fisherman villages, variety of sea birds
, pelicans, possibilities to see dolphins and sealions.
As we will be travelling in small groups , paddling slowly and
quietly , we will have good opportunities to enjoy the flight of
a variety of birds , the colours of the the clouds reflecting in
the water , and the magnificent sound of the silence. We will stop
for lunch on a beach and enjoy stunning surroundings with the Patagonian
Andes in the background. Then we will head south to visit the town of Cochamón and it´s beautiful wooden church. Return to Puerto Varas aprox. 5-6pm .
- Transportation in private vehicle from your Hotel in Puerto
Varas to Reloncavi Fjord and back to Puerto Varas.
- Seakayak equipment:
Double seakayak with original rudder, seakayak paddles , lifejacket
, sprayskirt and light paddling jacket
- General safety talk and practice of strokes and simulation
of a rescue in the beach.
- Box-Lunch (sandwiches, fruits, hot liquids, chocolate).
- English speaking seakayak guide , recognized by the British
Canoe Union as a BCU 4STAR Seakayak Award with NOLS Trainning.
- VHF marine radio , celular telephone, chart.
- Visit Cochamó village and it´s beautiful church.
- Limited insurance once the seakayak trip starts with Interamericana
Insurance Company (chilean company)
* Ask about recommended gear list.
* Nautical Chart Reloncaví Fjord *